ASAP is about connection. We bring kids together in a safe environment to learn through the arts.We break barriers, making the arts available to anyone, and we provide the best instruction possible.
What is it all about?
- A unique program for Grades 5 to 12 – free of charge – designed to provide opportunities for youth to participate in creative activities, meet other youth from around the region and enjoy a safe experience which inspires their creativity, provides mentorship opportunities with artists and instructors and encourages overall character enrichment and wellbeing.
- All activities are adhered to under the strict guidelines of the Manitoba Public Health Act to ensure ultimate safety.
- Choose from a wide range of interests and genres such as: Visual Arts – painting, sketching, pottery; Culinary Arts; Performing Arts – dance, theatre, musical theatre; Music – guitar, piano, voice, music creation and song writing; Writing and comic book creation. New opportunities may include broadcasting, film production, music creation, graphic and media arts, along with Pilates, yoga, martial arts and Indigenous and cultural art/projects.
What is this year’s focus?
- This year is focused on the overall wellness of our kids. Nothing is more important as we begin to let go of pandemic restrictions and stresses. With that in mind, we continue to make wellness and human connection a priority in our programming.
- *This year’s programming will include more group music classes, like violin, piano, and songwriting, with tons of opportunities to work collaboratively with others!
50/50! for Kids was dedicated for A.S.A.P. What will the funds be used for?
- Hire professional artists, musicians, instructors and art and music therapists to teach and inspire young, creative minds to explore new experiences.
- Purchase supplies required for programming such as instruments, paint and brushes, clay, computer programs, culinary supplies, and so on, to provide the tools required to succeed in this diverse programming.
- Operational costs include administration to organize the programming and set up the space and equipment to meet the requirements for facilitation; costs for promotion/marketing and costs to transport youth who otherwise do not have access to this program.