As a non-profit, umbrella organization for the arts, the Steinbach Arts Council is recognized as a notable presence in western Canada. With over 40 years of community involvement and the growing strength of performing arts in our province, our organization desires to build a dynamic team to lead our region in becoming a major center for artistic activity in Manitoba.
Position: Communications and Outreach Coordinator
The Steinbach Arts Council seeks to hire highly motivated, career-minded individual to fill the position of Communications and Outreach Coordinator. The successful candidate will work alongside and answer to the Director of Programming, planning and carrying out a calendar of promotional activity for concerts, classes and events throughout the year.
Start Date: August, 2021
- Coordinate marketing and communications for all SAC programming throughout the year including media releases, radio commercials, interviews and online news, printed and digital news articles and calendars, graphic design and printed marketing materials, website maintenance and social media presence
- Play an active role in promoting school and community outreach activities through the year
- Assist in developing and implementing new communication and marketing strategies, identifying target audiences and finding the best ways to reach them
- Graphic design as needed
- Maintain budgets, policies and task manuals
- Maintain the Steinbach Arts Council database
- Customer service and general office duties as required
Successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Superior interpersonal skills and office professionalism
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Independence, resourcefulness, and the ability to anticipate department-related needs
- Administrative and organizational skills including in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- Experience with detailed budgets and financial transactions
- High energy and enthusiasm, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills, and an ability to execute tasks quickly and accurately
- High interest in arts education and community programming
- Flexibility and collaborative nature while working on a team
Hours and Compensation:
This position will begin at full-time, based on 35 hours per week, (one evening per week, and approximately one Saturday morning per month). The Steinbach Arts Council offers a benefits package. Compensation based on experience. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: July 23, 2021
Please submit resume and references to:
Attention: David Klassen, Director of Programming
or call 204.346.1077 to inquire.